Well, Easter is over and summer is on its way. It’s just 13 weeks away until the summer holidays and I am sure the warmer weather is making you want to get out and enjoy the epic Cornish beaches and landscapes. I love this time of year because I want to be outside more and get a bit of a bigger spring in my step. It also makes me want to feel great in the summer and dust off my bikini. This means getting my skin glowing and feeling energised. So here are my 5 Top Tips to get ready for that epic sunshine!!
- Max your veg and fruit each day – These are packed with antioxidants which help ‘Mop Up’ the free radicals that are generated and put into your body. Free radicals create internal inflammation which can lead to so many issues with your health. So make sure you are having 7 veg and 2 fruit for women and 9 veg and 3 fruit for men. This is optimal. This can be done through smoothies, salads, soups and juices.
- Get your ‘healthy’ fats in – These are omega 3 fats and are vital for every cell in your body. These are abundant in oily fish such as mackerel and salmon, as well walnuts and linseeds. These are also great for your skin!!
- Move your body – We are designed to move. It not only burns calories but gets the blood flowing and gives your blood and lymph systems a chance to flush out toxins. You want to make sure you are getting a minimum of 30 mins every day, ideally much more. This can be in the form of a brisk walk, it doesn’t have to be a hardcore workout each time (even though I do love a good sweatfest haha)
- Sleep – Sleep is vital to ensure your body has time to clear up from the day. Your body needs you to have 7-8hrs a night in order for it to function. If you have less than this it throws out a lot of natural processes which can lead to imbalances and therefore a body that is in constant catch up.
- Eat according to your activity – If you are active you will need more energy than if you are sedentary. So make sure, if you are having a day when you are resting, you don’t eat as much as you would if you were running around.
So there you have it, Bees 5 Top Tips for getting Healthy and Fresh for Summer!!! Let me know if you have any other tips you can add. See you at the beach 😊